Match Fishing Rules (for match lakes only, please see separate rules for pleasure lakes)
Below is a list of our Match Lake fishery rules, please take your time to read them carefully.
- Anglers to supply their own nets (recommended minimum of 3)
- ALL NETS INCLUDING LANDING NETS MUST BE DIPPED AT EACH LAKE
- Lay nets out on arrival at your peg
- Place nets into the lake 15 minutes prior to start of the match
- Maximum weight limit of 60lb per net, if you go over between 60-65lb 15oz you are knocked back to 60lb. If you go 66lb or over the whole net is disqualified.
- AUBREYS LAKE – Silver fish and Carp in separate nets at all times, Barbel in silver fish net. Mixed nets will not be weighed.
- OTHER MATCH LAKES – Silver fish and fish under a pound are to be kept in one net upto net limit other nets for bigger carp. Mixed nets will not be weighed.
- Landing nets must be used to land ALL fish.
- All fish must be landed with a landing net and placed into keep nets via landing net, (on Auberys Silvers can be dropped into keepnet), no throwing the fish in the keep nets.
- Barbless hooks only
- Max Size 12
- Feeders must be in line, free running with no back stops no fixed or elasticated feeders allowed.
- No Braid.
- No floating the pole or tapping the water
- Float must be used at all times
- The limit of your peg is halfway between you and the next angler
- No disturbing of the lake bed. i.e. raking or scraping with landing net etc.
- No gardening allowed
- Only items listed here can be used. Nothing else as feed and hook bait.
- Jansons Feed Pellets are the ONLY feed pellet allowed on this fishery, (feed pellets must be fed in pellet form and not as slop or dust etc)
- Commercially produced groundbait (Max 1kg) to be cupped in no balling in, (no home made mixes).
- Paste – this also forms part of your 1kg limit for groundbait (no homemade pastes or meat based pastes allowed).
- Maggot, Pinkies, Caster, Worm, Sweetcorn (in kernel form only not as slop or soup etc), commercially cooked hemp seed
- Hookable carp pellets, banded carp pellets
- Bread using a bread punch only (no liquidised bread allowed)
- No floating baits of any kind to be fed or fished.
- Maximum combined total of 8 pints of bait per match (maximum match duration 5 hours). Surplus bait not to be thrown in lake or on bank side.
Maximum limit per bait as follows (combination of, and total upto 8 pints):
- Pellet, Maggot and Caster – 5 pints
- Worm, Sweetcorn and Hemp – 3 pints
- Paste (Hook bait & ground bait combined) – 1 Kg (or equivalent of two pint bait box made up)
General Fishery Rules
- All safety signs & information signs must be read and accepted prior to entering the fishery – by nature there is deep water and slip/trip hazards on this complex.
- Due to water borne disease (weils etc) Please take care with hygiene and cover all cuts.
- All cars to be parked in the car park at own risk, no risk is accepted by JANSON FISHERY however caused whether to people cars or belongings.
- No dogs except assistance dogs allowed.
- All litter must go home or placed in bins provided.